Jake’s practice focuses on assisting clients in a wide range of litigation matters including disputes involving commercial contracts, securities, and employment.
- Represented large financial institutions in complex securities litigation in state and federal court.
- Represented major homebuilder in construction defect actions.
- Arbitrated employment-related disputes on behalf of major brokerage firm.
- Defended local taxicab company in preliminary injunction hearing in King County Superior Court.
Professional and Civic Involvement
- King County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Washington State Federal Bar Association
- Lifelong AIDS Alliance, Board of Directors
- Schools First, Board of Directors
- Volunteer Professional Mentor for University of Washington Law Students
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Robert E. Payne, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, 2006-2007
- Legislative Assistant to U.S. Senator Gordon Smith, Washington, D.C., 2001-2003
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 2006
- Senior Editorial Board Member of the Journal of Law & Politics
- Intern, King County Prosecuting Attorney Office, Most Dangerous Offenders Project, Summer 2004
- A.B., Harvard College, magna cum laude, 2000
- Washington State Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western and Eastern Districts of Washington
- I spend nearly all my free time with my wife and our new daughter, and try to sneak in a little reading when our daughter is asleep.