Primary Attorney Contact(s): Robert B. Van Cleve
REPRESENTING START-UPS AND EMERGING COMPANIES IS SOME OF THE MOST EXCITING AND REWARDING WORK WE DO.
The legal issues facing young companies are complex, even though time and money are in short supply. We are experienced in guiding clients through those issues in an effective and efficient way, and we're responsive to the needs of creative, fast-growing businesses in intensely competitive industries.
We can help you with:
- The best form of entity formation (corporation, limited liability company, or partnership) to meet your needs. [See Business Resources / Common Questions]
- Devising ownership and management structures that will reflect your economic and business priorities.
- Securities and financing issues of new and growing businesses, including seed financing, private placements, angel and venture capital investments, and initial public offerings. [See Finance & Securities]
- Technology and e-commerce matters. [See Intellectual Property]
- Strategic partnerships and alliances.
- Mergers and acquisitions. [See Mergers & Acquisitions]
- Trademark, copyright, and intellectual property issues. [See Intellectual Property]
- Executive compensation, stock option plans, and other employee benefit issues.
We also act as general counsel to clients on the broad range of issues that affect any business, including employment matters, commercial contracts, leases, and other matters.